3) Do you have any reenacting experience? Have you done World War II reenacting before?
I do not have any reenacting experience
4) Have you already joined an RPS unit? If so, which one?
I have not. I am brand new.
5) What knowledge do you have of the Second World War?
I enjoy learning about history and reading. I grew up on WW2 Movies, etc. My grandfathers were in the Royal Engineers and Gordon Highlanders.
6) Have you had any contact with World War II veterans previously?
Yes, my grandfathers and others.
7) What can you bring to this organization? Will you be an asset?
I hope that I would be an asset. I am passionate and would immerse myself in the hobby. I am athletic and enjoy backpacking, lift weights, and walk 4 miles a day to stay in shape. I enjoy learning foreign languages and speak Spanish and Italian (Not that I could use either in the hobby). I also play the bagpipes (I am not sure of the relevance of that last one, however, I felt compelled to add it)
8) Anything else we should know about you? I am 5' 7" and weight 175. I am not overweight, however I do have grey hair, so I am not sure if this would preclude me from participating.
Be sure to place your responses in a separate post within this board and not in reply to any other thread. You will then receive a response shortly thereafter and be given further information.
Many thanks for the response. I was leaning towards a German Unit. I had sent emails out to the 5th Fallschirmjager and have not yet heard back. The web page for the 6th does not seem to exist any more. I also completed an interest form for the German unit that seems to have many impressions. I even attempted to reach out to a British unit (DLI) however that one connects to an American unit. I will defer to your guidance on next steps in my journey.